A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to personal information, until a user provides that information (see below). If a user rejects or deletes the cookie, he/she may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. For example, the user will not be able to receive notification of special offers, or participate in any contests that may take place. Cookies also enable us to track and aggregate clickstream behavior data. By doing this we can better target the interests of our users and enhance their experience on our site.
INFINITI also maintains standard web logs that record data about all visitors to this web site. These logs may contain:
- The Internet domain from which you access this site
- Your IP address (Your computer is automatically assigned an IP address when you surf the Internet. Your IP address is either static or dynamic. A static IP address may be identifiable to you; a dynamic address is usually not identifiable to you)
- The type of browser and operating system you use
- The date and time you visited this site
- The pages you viewed on this site
- The address of the web site from which you linked
INFINITI uses web log and clickstream information to help us design our site, to identify popular site features and to make the site more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we normally do not attempt to identify individuals from these logs. However, we may use web logs to identify persons attempting to break into, disrupt, or damage our site. We may share web log information with law enforcement personnel if we believe evidence exists, or is likely to occur, of a violation of federal, state or local laws or regulations.